Sunday, May 16, 2010

Not a matte painting...

From sketch to finish:



EDIT: I ended up changing the lighting on the painting because backlighting is really a bad choice for showing off the ruin. I hope it's better...

I'm trying to break these matte painting habits that I adopted at work and focus more on design, but they are surprisingly hard to shake off. I'll probably do another one that shows off more design based on the same sketch.

Also, played with an awesome plug-in that Va introduced me to. After filtering:

3 comments:

Chase Standley said...

looks sweet

Jose Ramos said...

blog , and better art here

congratulations!

Darrell Best said...

Hey check out Bombfell, you get handpicked outfits shipped to your door, with free shipping and returns. Bonus, you get $25 off your first order at Bombfell with my invite link:
https://bombfell.com/?rc=192341HFJkl